[check_postgres] more secure nagios checks

Robert Treat xzilla at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 12 18:31:45 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 15:31:17 Robert Treat wrote:
> Note, I spoke with greg a bit, and it looks like we can provide and a thin
> layer between check_postgres and the database to give the nagios user
> access to all the various knobs/switches it needs without full superuser
> access. I have this working with wal files, the rest should be quite a bit
> easier. Anyone interested can following along at
> http://github.com/xzilla/check_postgres/tree/dashdashsecure

minor update... I have this working for the three checks the docs indicate
need superuser status. I plan to tighten up the views a little so they don't
leak unneeded information, but at this point we have something that works.
I'll probably roll this into production somewhere next week. Any feedback
appreciated.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net