[check_postgres] install (test) problems

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue May 19 17:35:06 UTC 2009

>    t/00_test_tester..........# Creating database in directory
>    "test_database_check_postgres"
>    Could not open "test_database_check_postgres/data
>    space/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory

Looks like initdb may be failing. Does it exist in your path? Is there a
subdirectory named "data space" under test_database_check_postgres? If not, are
you able to create one manually by:

initdb -D "test_database_check_postgres/data space"

I'm suspecting initdb may not be found. If that's the case, we certainly need a
better error message at the least!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com