[check_postgres] install (test) problems

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue May 19 18:14:09 UTC 2009

> Correct initdb is not in my path.  But I'm not sure I want it to be.  I
> have an instance postgres of postgres already and don't want another.
> Also the intended target of check_postgres is not on my machine.
> Perhaps I should just skip the 'make test' step and go to 'make install'?

It's pretty safe, and won't interfere with any existing databases. The test sets
up a private database, runs the tests, and then tears it down. Do a 'make clean'
 at the end to remove all traces of it. You can tell it where initdb is by
setting the PGBINDIR environment variable to the dir it lives in.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com