[check_postgres] check_postgres_new_pg_version does not work for 7.4?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Jan 28 21:47:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:30:17AM +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> I'm getting the following message when I run cp_new_version_pg against
> pg 7.4:
>
> # ./check_postgres_new_version_pg
> POSTGRES_NEW_VERSION_PG UNKNOWN:  Could not find revision information for
> Postgres version 7.4 |
>
> Is this normal?

Well, not desireable, perhaps, but it means that this page:

http://www.postgresql.org/versions.rss

no longer contains information about version 7.4. Perhaps it still should?
Perhaps we just hardcode what is presumably the last revision? Probably should
ask on the pg lists what the chances are of a new 7.4 if a security issue is
found. As far as I know, 7.4 is *due* to be nonsupported, but is not quite
there yet. Maybe my recollection was wrong.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com