[check_postgres] Change to show query details for slow query time

Giles Westwood giles.westwood at semantico.com
Mon Mar 1 17:29:44 UTC 2010

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> We had a need to see the client port of slow query to trace the pid of
>> the process holding the connection open. I modified check_postgres to
>> display this:-
>
> Excellent, thanks. Two minor things:
>
> * Can you supply this as a diff? Ideally as a github branch, but
> any ol' diff is fine.
>
> * Have you tested against older versions of Postgres? I don't know
> offhand which columns from pg_stat_activity go back how far, but
> check_postgres purports to check back to version 8.

Hi Greg,

We've made quite a few changes from the original version now, the patch
is to make all the changes, so it still might be better to just look at
the function. For what it's worth I tested on 8.2, and we've seen those
columns on 8.1.

g.

--
Giles Westwood, Systems Administrator,
Semantico, Floor 1, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE