[check_postgres] checking on queries waiting on locks

Robert Treat xzilla at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 4 01:06:13 UTC 2010

Howdy folks,

	A couple of us were kicking around the idea of a check that would be based on
any querying being locked for longer than N seconds, but after looking it
seems there's no way to do that in check_postgres. The closest I found was
alerting on the number of waiting queries, but that's not quite the right fit.
So, proposing a new check, txn_waiting, which will report the longest wait
time for any query in the system. You can set warning/critcal and do filtering
like any other check. Thoughts? I can probably code this up
in the next few days unless someone else wants to jump on it?

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net