[check_postgres] make test failures

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Aug 18 14:34:05 UTC 2011

Thanks for the report. Some of these are known issues, some are not.
Let me reply inline:

> # No matching test file found for action "archive_ready" (expected t/02_archive_ready.t)

These can be ignored. I modified the test so they should not be tested
in normal usage.

> #   Failed test 'Action 'backends' works with critical option as a negative number'

Known problem, needs fixing. Volunteers? :)
> #   Failed test 'Action 'new_version_cp' returns warning for mismatched major version'
> #   at t/02_new_version_cp.t line 28.
> #                   'POSTGRES_NEW_VERSION_CP UNKNOWN:  Could not download version information for check_postgres

This either means you cannot connect to the internet, or don't have a program to
grab things from the web. check_postgres looks for one of these programs,
in order:

   "GET -t $get_method_timeout -H 'Pragma: no-cache'",
   "wget --quiet --timeout=$get_method_timeout --no-cache -O -",
   "curl --silent --max-time=$get_method_timeout -H 'Pragma: no-cache'",
   "fetch -q -T $get_method_timeout -o -",
   "lynx --connect-timeout=$get_method_timeout --dump",
   'links -dump',

Is it possible your system has none of these?

Thanks for the report!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com