[check_postgres] Use of uninitialized value $check_postgres::opt{"output"} in lc at /usr/bin/check_postgres.pl line 757.

Peter Geoghegan peter at 2ndquadrant.com
Wed Mar 30 12:15:04 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've used the version of check_postgres that comes with my distro's
package manager - 2.16.0 . My perl version is v5.12.3, built for
x86_64-linux-thread-multi.

I see this warning output when I perform any check from the command line:

[peter at laptop check_pg_work]$ check_postgres.pl --action=connection
--db=postgres --dbuser=peter
Use of uninitialized value $check_postgres::opt{"output"} in lc at
/usr/bin/check_postgres.pl line 757.
POSTGRES_CONNECTION OK: DB "postgres" version 9.0.3 | time=0.01

Doesn't this have the potential to break a third party parser? I'm
using the Nagios parse that comes with Zenoss here. I'm afraid that I
don't know the first thing about Perl.

Thanks