[check_postgres] Getting per-database size values

Emmanuel Lesouef e.lesouef at crbn.fr
Mon Nov 21 15:23:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm currently using check_postgres to get some numerical values (using
--output=simple) in order to get them in our Zabbix monitoring system.

I would like to get the database size on a per-database basis.

Is it possible ?

I thought I could use it like this :

postgres at pgsql0:~$ /usr/local/bin/check_postgres.pl --output=simple
--action=database_size -db db1
1522500408
postgres at pgsql0:~$ /usr/local/bin/check_postgres.pl --output=simple
--action=database_size -db postgis
1522500408

But obviously, it returns the size of the whole cluster.

Did I do something wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef