[check_postgres] Schema check is taking longer... why?

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:34:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg at endpoint.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 01:38:53PM -0700, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
>> Our same schema check used to take under 10 seconds to run, but now
>> takes 8 - 45 seconds, and the time really varies.
>>
>> Server and network loads appear the same, database load appears the
>> same...   what might make the schema check take longer?  What should I
>> look at?
>
> I've held off replying to this as the same_schema action was being
> completely redesigned. It is mostly complete now - you might give
> the version in git a try and see how fast that is. If it's still slow,
> I'd like to know so we can improve it. The best way to check would be to
> look in your Postgres logs and see which of the queries it runs are the
> slowest, by setting log_min_duration_statement = 0.

Dear Greg,

  Thanks for your reply.

  I just tried 2.18.0 from the git repository and it did not work:

ERROR: ERROR:  relation "sl_nodelock_nl_conncnt_seq" does not exist
LINE 1: ...;SET statement_timeout=30000;COMMIT;SELECT * FROM sl_nodeloc...

I tried adding this to my --filter:
notable=sl_ nosequence=sl_

but I still get the same error.

  What do you think about that?