[check_postgres] semicolons as arg separators

CSS css at morefoo.com
Thu Apr 19 18:19:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving a bunch of nagios checks from a few random plugins and a few old in-house plugins to check_postgres.  So far it's working well.  One issue that has me stumped however is the use of semicolons as argument separators in some of the checks (for example check_postgresql_locks).  Nagios really does not seem to like that.  I've tried escaping them, I've tried quoting the "$ARG" macros both in services.cfg and checkcommands.cfg and simply cannot get a combination that nagios likes.

Anyone doing this successfully with nagios?

Thanks,

Charles