[check_postgres] PBINDIR and PG_CONTROLDATA

Cédric Villemain cedric.villemain.debian at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 23:09:15 UTC 2012

Le 22 janvier 2012 12:52, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume at lelarge.info> a écrit :
> On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 22:44 +0100, Cédric Villemain wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> First, I would like to be able to add the pgbindir to check_postgresrc
>> (so add it to opt{})
>> Second, it looks like some of the current ENV variables are subject to review.
>>
>> PGBINDIR has a TODO, I think this is nice variable name for what it
>> provides. for info, slony uses PGBINDIR too.
>> I suspect PG_CTL and PG_CONTROLDATA to be useless and that we can remove them.
>>
>> Comments ?
>
> Seems good to me. I only think PG_CTL and PG_CONTROLDATA are almost
> useless, and that PGBINDIR would be a nice addition.

I have the following patch:
https://github.com/klando/check_postgres/commit/0f9890dc9b568e30bae76f8422da8a4a6e5efab1

I tryed to keep the same approach as for PSQL.
I wonder if NO_PSQL_OPTION is really wanted for "security reason".
Greg, any though on that ?

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/