[check_postgres] please put version back into download tarball name

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Wed Jan 25 08:40:38 UTC 2012

Re: Peter Eisentraut 2012-01-24 <1327435167.12226.10.camel at vanquo.pezone.net>
> With version 2.19.0, the download tarball is named just
> check_postgres.tar.gz, instead of check_postgres-2.19.0.tar.gz, like it
> used to be.  It's very confusing when you don't know what version you
> have.  Could you please fix that?
>
> Also, could you please make old versions available for download as well?
> It's actually possible to get them by manipulating the link
> http://bucardo.org/downloads/check_postgres-xxx.tar.gz, but it would be
> much nicer if, say, http://bucardo.org/downloads/ were browsable.

Debian would also profit from both. We have "watch" files in the
packages that check the upstream website from qa.debian.org every few
days to see if there's a new version, but this relies on the version
number in the filename. (Of course I also check this mailing list, but
if I miss a mail, I'd like to get the reminder from Debian.)

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/