[check_postgres] check_postgres --action bloat cannot verify multiple databases ?

Sterfield sterfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:34:14 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I've discovered the "check_postgres" tool after reading the Postgresql
documentation. I'm interested by the "bloat" action, and want it to verify
all the databases currently running.

However, even when I specify all the databases using a "-db" option
(databases separated by a comma), "check_postgres" is only verifying the
first database entered. For example, if the first database has a wasted
size > 1GB, the return will be "WARNING", but if the first database as a
wasted size < 1GB, but the second has a wasted size > 2GB, the return will
be "OK"

I've checked using the --test option, all my databases are accessible. The
documentation doesn't mention any limitation on this.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug / limitation ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,