[check_postgres] [check_postgres-announce] problems running "make test"

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Wed Apr 17 19:40:01 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-14 at 21:02 -0400, pgdude wrote:
> Oh so you expect me to be the postgres user when doing the "make test" step (that's when the postgres commands would be in the path).

You don't need to be the postgres user, but you surely need to have
access to initdb and the psql at the very least.

> Does that mean I should be the postgres user for all these steps:
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test

Nope. As I said before, you need to have access to initdb and psql.

And once again, please, don't top post, and send to the mailing list
(ie, not me directly).

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info