[check_postgres] check_pgagent_jobs with DELETE

Rob Emery re-pgsql at codeweavers.net
Wed Aug 28 12:37:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just using 2.20.1 of check_postgres to check our pgagent jobs, we have a
job which exclusively deletes rows from one of our tables. If it has
succeeded and deleted rows, it returns the number of rows as the status
code, if nothing has been deleted then it returns 0. On failure it returns
-1. This appears to be standard pgAgent behaviour, yet the check_postgres
script regards these jobs as failed.

I think I've fixed the issue and issued a pull request:

https://github.com/bucardo/check_postgres/pull/48

Thanks,

Rob