[check_postgres] ERROR: Cannot test replication: values are not the same

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Nov 26 12:31:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:20:17AM +0530, Juned Khan wrote:
> I have setup replication using Bucardo.I have checked the values in both
> databases it it different  also when I tried to make it same manually but
> it keeps changing.

Not sure what you mean by it keeps changing?

> check_postgres.pl --action=replicate_row  --host=localhost,192.168.1.15
> --dbname=mydb --warning=10 --repinfo=ip_map,id,44399,name,slon,nols
>
> Any thoughts on this how to fix this problem ?

The message means that in the ip_map table, the value of the "name"
column is not the same for the row identified by a pk value of 44399
in the id column. You need to get both the same, either by running this
on both databases:

UPDATE ip_map SET name = 'slon' WHERE id = 44399;

Or just running it on one that is being used as a source and letting Bucardo
push the changes to the other side.

The idea is to use a row that is normally not changed by any external action,
such that check_postgres is the only thing manipulating that row. Usually this
means a test or dummy row in the table in question.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com