[check_postgres] check_postgres_cluster_id - ERROR: The file "" does not appear to be executable

Wilkerson, Daniel dwilkerson at fullsail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:26:55 UTC 2015

Hi everyone. We just installed the checkpostgres plugin into our Nagios to begin using it to monitor our Postgres servers and having an issue with the check_postgres_cluster_id where it's reporting:  ERROR: The file "" does not appear to be executable. Any suggestions as to what's causing this and how to fix it?

I've also seen this same issue with the check_postgres_checkpoint symlink also.

I'm in the process of tuning each of the calls and their arguments and started with these two. Do you all have any good general recommendations for troubleshooting check_postgres issues beyond the obvious things like turning on debug logging in both nagios3 and nrpe, as well as calling each of the command directly on the command line to test outside of Nagios?

Thanks,
Daniel