[TNM] Obtaining SQL statement that caused required sort in temp file

Mike Chamberlain mike.chamberlain at servian.com.au
Thu Nov 24 00:03:00 UTC 2011

On our Postgres installation we are currently trying to diagnose which
queries are requiring the use of temporary sort files.  I notice that the
script is somehow matching the temp files to the SQL statement that created
them.  I have looked through the script to try to work out how it does
this, but as I'm not fluent in Perl this is proving difficult.

We have set log_temp_files = 1 and log_min_messages = debug2.

Would someone be so good as to briefly explain to me how the script is
obtaining the SQL statement for each temporary file created?

Thanks,

Mike