Bucardo replication events happens in syncs, which replicate one or more tables and come in one of three types:
To add a new sync, run:
bucardo_ctl add sync
- syncname is what you want to name this sync - keep it short and descriptive
- source is the name of a source herd
- targetdb is the name of a database
- targetgroup is the name of a database group (note: only one of targetdb or targetgroup is required)
- type is one of the three sync types: pushdelta, fullcopy, or swap
- tables is an optional list of tables that should be immediately added to the new sync. A herd with the same name as the sync itself will be automatically created to contain these tables.
To modify an existing sync, run:
bucardo_ctl update sync name=value
Where name is one of the columns of the sync table
To add a database to an existing sync the update dbgroup command should be used (see Bucardo/update_dbgroup).