[Bucardo-general] Database connections

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Nov 1 15:46:18 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 15:02 -0500, Philippe Clérié wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am taking a look at bucardo. From the online docs, it looks
> considerably simpler to set up than Slony. At least for the situation I
> have in mind.
>
> I have a master database behind a firewall and I am not allowed to open
> up a port to it. The slave database on the other hand can be accessed
> via the internet. So basically I have a one way connection between the
> databases. Can bucardo still replicate to the slave?

As long as you can psql from one to the other, Bucardo will work. It
uses DBI to connect from the Bucardo database to the master and the
slave. If Bucardo is located on one of those boxes, that means a single
DBI connection to a remote host. As Ben mentioned, you can always make a
ssh tunnel as well.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073