[Bucardo-general] Invalid value for parameter "tcp_keepalives_idle"

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri Oct 5 16:38:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 15:47 -0600, Ben Allen wrote:
> Another odd error. This time I'm using the previous setup, but the
> test2 database is on a second host. Both are AMD64 FreeBSD 6.2
> machines running PostgreSQL 8.2.5.
>

> SET tcp_keepalives_idle = 10; works fine on all the databases.

I'm confused - does this work for you or not? At any rate, on the Linux
systems I have available, this setting seems completely ignored,
although you would think Postgres would give some indication that the
value was not, in fact, actually changed:

bucardo=# show tcp_keepalives_idle;
 tcp_keepalives_idle
---------------------
 0

bucardo=# set tcp_keepalives_idle = 10;
SET

bucardo=# show tcp_keepalives_idle;
 tcp_keepalives_idle
 0

Does your BSD system at least keep the change around when you try it via
psql?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073