[Bucardo-general] Bucardo is not synchronizing automatically

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Oct 15 20:50:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 14:31 -0300, Danilo Horta wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
>   I think my configuration is ok because I can synchronize the tables
> through bucardo_ctl script. I added only a row in syncs using 15
> seconds as checktime, but it seems to do nothing. No automatic
> synchronization neither a message in the log... the documentation is
> telling "How often to run the sync if no activity?" but even with no
> db activity it doesn't work...

Sounds like it should be working. Make sure that "checksecs" is set in
the logs when a controller starts. It will be in the line starting with
"Controller starting for...". If that is non-zero, then make sure the
controller is stayalive, otherwise the checktime is meaningless.

When it is working, you should see a message like the following in the
logs:

Timed out - force a sync for "syncname"

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073