[Bucardo-general] Suggested Topology

Ben Allen bsa at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 18 22:46:37 UTC 2007

I was wondering what the suggested topology for Bucardo would be.

In my case I have a swap sync, two hosts, each with their own master
database thats being replicated.

Should the Bucardo database live on one of these two hosts or should
I throw a third host just to run Bucardo and its database? I do have
the extra hardware already, so its really a matter of which way would
be faster.

As far as network goes, one of the master databases could have a
gigabit link to the new Bucardo host, while the second master
database is going to be over a somewhat slower VPN.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben Allen