[Bucardo-general] Status on Multi-Column Primary Key Support

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Oct 29 01:28:04 UTC 2007

Ben Simon wrote:

> Would 2 be any harder to validate on insert/update then 3?

No, number two would actually be the easiest to both write and parse.

I think a pipe seems a valid separator, perhaps we could even make an
exception (such as double pipes) for people that really want to have
pipes in their column names.

Jon Jensen wrote:
> Yeah, I think #2 is the best of the lot as well. None of them are
> "satisfying" exactly, but that's life.
>
> By the way, will #2 make working with column names that need quoting any
> harder? Such as mixed case names, or names with spaces? Does Bucardo even
> work with such names right now?

It does not work with spaces, but should work with mixed case. Either
way, I'll make sure they are both supported and tested when I am writing
up the new way, as I'll have to touch all of that code anyway. :)

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073