[Bucardo-general] Make Test Fails

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri Sep 28 21:45:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 10:18 -0600, Ben Allen wrote:

> Oh on a side note, your test script looks for grep at /bin/grep, on
> FreeBSD its located at /usr/bin/grep. As a quick fix for this test I
> just sym links grep to where the script expects it.

Side note first - just pushed a patch for this from Jeff Boes. A
git-pull should add it in, and it should clear this problem up.

> ok 588 - (customcode) Test file "/tmp/bucardo_test_file.7" was created
> by 'after_txn' custom code
> Bail out!  Gave up waiting for "SELECT 1 FROM bucardo_test1 WHERE inty
> = 11" on db "two" to be true: timed out at 20 from line 3009 (Line
> 896: Line 162: Timed out at t/01bc.t line 162.
> FAILED--Further testing stopped: Gave up waiting for "SELECT 1 FROM
> bucardo_test1 WHERE inty = 11" on db "two" to be true: timed out at 20
> from line 3009 (Line 896: Line 162: Timed out at t/01bc.t line 162.
> #
> # Leaving, shutting down any running processes
> *** Error code 255
> My environment:
>

> Freebsd 6.2 Stable - AMD64
> Postgresql 8.2.5
> Perl 5.8.8
> Bucardo-3.0.6
>
> Any ideas, no other errors up until that point?

Not off the top of my head, but the custom_code tests are some of the
most ornery tests. Does it fail at this part every time? Generally what
I do to debug this is to switch off all the other tests (see the 'our
$TEST_...' lines at the top of 01bc.t) and then look through the
log.bucardo file to see if it has any unusual warnings or errors. You
can also check the second database after it bails to see if inty 11 ever
showed up. If it has, then it is a timing issue. If it hasn't, then the
sync failed before it could copy that row for some reason. One can
further narrow down timing issues by flipping the $showtime variable in
01bc.t, which will show exactly what time each test output line is
created, which can be compared to the timestamps in the log file.

Thanks for trying this out, let me know if I can be of more help in
debugging this.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073