[Bucardo-general] Current git is not working

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Jun 19 15:48:25 UTC 2008

> 1) make install does not copy Bucardo.pm to its place in /usr/perl/...

I'll check into that. I know at one point I was rethinking moving it to
the system dirs. Anyone have thoughts on if we should just leave it
completely standalone? I personally tend to create a bucardo user and
simply leave everything in its home directory, but I could see a case for
bucardo_ctl at the least being made available to everyone.

> 2) kid not working..

Odd - are there no KID messages at all after the kick in the log?

> 3) I want to have the following:
>
> MasterDB  <--(1)----------------(n)--> Nodes
> Now I want to have a big swap-sync strategy between this n+1
> postgresql databases. Whats the best way to archive this goal?

I assume you mean a master-master-master setup. That's being looked into,
but it's a tricky problem, and Bucardo does not support it yet.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com