[Bucardo-general] Current git is not working

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:45:41 UTC 2008

2008/6/19 Greg Sabino Mullane <greg at endpoint.com>:

>> 1) make install does not copy Bucardo.pm to its place in /usr/perl/...
>
> I'll check into that. I know at one point I was rethinking moving it to
> the system dirs. Anyone have thoughts on if we should just leave it
> completely standalone? I personally tend to create a bucardo user and
> simply leave everything in its home directory, but I could see a case for
> bucardo_ctl at the least being made available to everyone.
>
>> 2) kid not working..
>
> Odd - are there no KID messages at all after the kick in the log?

I have done a fresh installation with postgresql 8.3 and its works..
dont ask me what was wrong :)

>> 3) I want to have the following:
>>
>> MasterDB  <--(1)----------------(n)--> Nodes
>> Now I want to have a big swap-sync strategy between this n+1
>> postgresql databases. Whats the best way to archive this goal?
>
> I assume you mean a master-master-master setup. That's being looked into,
> but it's a tricky problem, and Bucardo does not support it yet.

I am not sure if we mean the same, so I will describe my situation
better. Image a star connection network.
In the middle is the master database and to it are connected about max
2-3 other replication-nodes.
If a employee is in the company he works on directly on the master database.
If the employee works from customers place he has a local copy of the
database and can check informations etc.

Thats my plan.. and I hope to get it working somehow. It would be
cool, if synctype swap and dbgroup could be used. Lets see what
results I will gain from hacking at the weekend.

Greets,
Christian