[Bucardo-general] how to re-sync databases?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Nov 5 19:32:24 UTC 2008

> to purge the deltas, do I just execute the SQL in a cronjob every 5
> mins:
>
> >> (SELECT bucardo_purge_delta('5
> >> minutes'::interval);
>

> as you mentioned?  I think so but, since this is now in a live
> database I'm getting paranoid in case I break the whole thing...

Yep. If you've never done that, or not done it a long time, you might want
to do a few manual runs first at larger time intervals to prune things in
tages, e.g. select bucardo_purge_delta('1 week'::interval); The function
will output the number of rows removed. Once you are caught up, it's
prbably a good idea to vacuum both of those tables as well. Perhaps even a
vacuum full and then reindex if there were many rows removed, and you can
stand the locking hit.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073