[Bucardo-general] can I do this?

Darren Govoni darren at ontrenet.com
Fri Jan 2 15:37:46 UTC 2009

Hi,
  I have a set of Postgres servers. One server is the primary where
records are written to. other servers will read from the primary, but
write to their local postgres. I would like to forward those local
writes to the single primary on certain tables only. I want to do this
to reduce the number of connections to the primary since many threads
will be writing to local servers.

A) Does this make sense?
B) Can bucardo forward local transaction writes from a specific table
(even though other tables written in the transaction) to the primary?
C) When does the sync'ing transaction to the primary occur?

thank you for tips.
Darren