[Bucardo-general] FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Tue Jul 7 12:42:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 04:34:06PM +0530, Sweta Mulgavker wrote:
>    t/01bc....Can't use string ("Test::Dynamic") as a HASH ref while "strict
>    refs" in use at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Test/Dynamic.pm line 30.
>    # Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
>    t/01bc....dubious
>            Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
>    FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen
>    make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
>
>    Can anybody please tell me what is the error .

I'd definitely recommend getting a newer version, from git. The problem in
this case is a Perl error in the test script itself. Later development has
fixed that problem and many others. I suggest you install git from whatever
package system your operating system offers, and then run the three commands
at the very bottom of the page on http://www.bucardo.org:

git-clone http://bucardo.org/bucardo.git/
git-clone http://bucardo.org/dbixsafe.git/
git-clone http://bucardo.org/testdynamic.git/

This will make three directories under your current directory. Go into each
directory in turn, starting with the last and working your way to the first.
In each directory, type:

perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

Note that the "make install" step will probably need to be run as root.

Once you've run those steps, your tests should work much better. Versions of
Bucardo much more recent than 3.0.9 are in production use in several places;
the fact that it's not the version packaged on the website shouldn't scare
you.

--
Josh Tolley  josh at endpoint.com  801-485-0203