[Bucardo-general] SIGPIPE Problems

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri May 1 13:25:52 UTC 2009

> On a side note, along my debugging way I rewrote send_mail to use
> Net::SMTP instead of Mail::Sendmail. Net::SMTP has been included with
> Perl for a while so it'd be removing one dependance from Bucardo. If
> we feel like this is a good idea let me know and I'll submit a patch.

Yes, I like the sound of this. Send it in! No idea on the SIGPIPE error though. :(

> Starting Bucardo
> 	(in cleanup) Line 220: Line 44: Caught a SIGPIPE at /usr/local/lib/
> perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/Class/MOP/Class.pm line 220

> Any ideas?

No, but Moose is currently a big dependency for Bucardo, so removing that may
very well clear up the error seen. We're not really using Moose to its full
capabilities, so pulling it out is a SMOP. Patches welcome!

I'm hoping to get some time for Bucardo in the very near future.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com