[Bucardo-general] (no subject)

Ben Allen bsa at lanl.gov
Mon May 4 04:26:41 UTC 2009

No you don't have to do a swap sync. All the different syncs types
should work fine.

Bucardo only needs to be installed in one place, usually where ever
the bucardo database resides. Only one Bucardo database is needed. It
will talk to remote databases just fine as long as it has the correct
user/password, etc setup in its db table.

I'm guessing what you man when you say crazy, is an endless loop of
replication? For example, data from DB_A is replicated to DB_B, and in
turn that same new data on DB_B gets re-replicated back to DB_A, and
so on...

No it should never do this. Bucardo disables the triggers on table it
is about to update data on. As a result, the destination tables will
not report the new data as needing to be replicated.

Ben