[Bucardo-general] Request: Compression on link?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Aug 4 13:13:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 03:30:15PM -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:
> Any thoughts about allowing Bucardo to do its connecting (at least for
> full-table copies) via SSH as a tunnel so one can take advantage of the
> compression switch?

Well, it won't be Bucardo doing it per se, it will be the underlying
connection, which in this case is libpq via DBD::Pg. It should certainly
be possible to setup your own tunnel that would be transparent to all
involved. If you do so, please share any benchmarks, I'd be curious
how much of a speedup is accomplished and under what conditions.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com