[Bucardo-general] Question re bucardo capabilities

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 18 04:00:42 UTC 2010

> To put this another way, I need to synchronize INSERT and UPDATE
> but not DELETE operations. Ideally I would like to control this
> on a per-table basis.

Yes, you can do this by writing a custom trigger via the
bucardo_custom_trigger table. Basically, your trigger will be
identical to the default bucardo_add_delta one, but have a
clause at the top that states (paraphrasing):

if opmode = delete then return
(else populate bucardo_delta)

You could also look into dropping the "OR DELETE" bit from each
Bucardo trigger on the tables you care about. Bucardo will
recreate such triggers as needed if they are totally removed,
but changing when it fires should allow you to sneakily subvert
its purpose.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com