[Bucardo-general] Replicate different Database on the same server using Bucardo

Rosser Schwarz rosser.schwarz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:25:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM, akp geek <akpgeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>                    Can we have more than one instance of bucardo_ctl running
> on one server?

Yes, this is possible.  You'll need a separate bucardo database for
each instance, to keep their configurations distinct.  You'll have to
specify which database to use for each on invoking bucardo_ctl.  The
easiest way to do that is with dedicated bucardorc files.

You'll also, of course, need the bucardo schema in each database
you're replicating, and to specify distinct pidfile directories (and
probably also distinct log file locations, too -- unless you want half
your log traffic to be noise relative to what you're looking for at
any one time) for each MCP you have running.  I'm having trouble
remembering how to specify different log files offhand, though.  Greg?
 Joshua?  Beuller?

All that said, I don't think you strictly need separate MCPs running
to replicate multiple databases.  You should be able to coordinate all
that with separate entries in the bucardo.db table, and distinct goats
and herds appropriately associated with them.

What's the recommended practice for this kind of scenario?

rls

--
:wq