[Bucardo-general] Getting "swap" sync setup

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 5 01:47:21 UTC 2010

>    but I got an error about standard_conflict not being set.  I even tried
>    to add a new herd (using all tables) while setting standard_conflict,
>    but when inspecting the goat table, the column was never set.  The only
>    way I could get it to work was to use an update command.

You can update all tables at once (or a subset) my using a wildcard and
a dot, like so:

bucardo_ctl update table "public.t* standard_conflict=source

bucardo_ctl update table "*.*" standard_conflict=latest

It's best to always use quotes to prevent your shell from expanding
any such wildcards.

>    5082.  Take a look at the if statement above it:
>    elsif ('lowest' eq $sc and 'highest' eq $sc) {

Yikes! Thanks for spotting that, it's been fixed.

>    How could that ever be true?  I switched it to an "or" and still
>    wouldn't replicate.  I removed all sequences from the goat table and
>    things started working again.

So, to be clear, it's the sequences that are not being replicated properly,
when using the "latest" conflict method?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com