[Bucardo-general] Dual Master Slaves

Sam Nelson samn at consistentstate.com
Thu Aug 18 21:57:44 UTC 2011

I'm sure this must have been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere and
we've been trying a multitude of possibilities, running into brick walls
with each one.

Basically, we are attempting to make a bucardo instance of two masters (swap
sync), each with slaves dangling off of it.  We expected that the slaves
dangling from the master that is NOT changed wouldn't have their sync
operations triggered, but were hoping that bucardo_ctl kick syncname would
force a sync event in spite of not having been triggered.

So we were wondering, short of constantly setting onetimecopy=1 and forcing
a re-sync, is there a way to run slaves that are capable of failing over to
the other master off of the dual bucardo masters?  It doesn't even have to
be bucardo slaves - Slony would work too.  Or hot standby, but I have a
feeling hot standby would be opposed to failing over to another master.
---
Samuel Nelson
Consistent State
www.consistentstate.com