[Bucardo-general] swap sync always "waiting"

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Aug 23 20:52:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:45:19AM -0400, Jonathan Brinkman wrote:
> So truncating the q table doesn't hurt anything?

Right - it's merely a traffic cop. When Bucardo sees that a spcific
sync needs to copy data from a specific database to another one,
it adds an entry to this table and then a kid "picks it up" and
handles it. Once the replication is done, the entry is marked as
completed. You'll lose some stats if you truncate, but nothing
else. If you want to keep stats, you could also try a

DELETE FROM q WHERE started;

while Bucardo is shut down.

> I did delete the q entries related to the swap sync and that seemed to help

That's fine, too.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com