[Bucardo-general] any way to know what bucardo is doing while state is "WAIT"?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Dec 13 00:45:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 01:18:12PM +0800, Yan Chunlu wrote:
> I know there is a lot of data and may take a very long time to
> proceed. but is there any way to find out what stage it is in? or what
> it is doing? is there any problem blocking it? thanks!

Your best bet is to look at pg_stat_activity and see exactly what
the KID is doing. You can get the kids PID from a 'ps' output or
the log.bucardo file, and then cross-reference to the procpid
column of pg_stat_activity. Run it on both sides, and see if
the 'waiting' column is set to true: if so, it is blocked. If not,
it might just be taking a long time to run. Which could be quite
likely with millions of rows.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com