[Bucardo-general] Concurrency errors when replicating a master to two slaves and installation experiences

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Jul 4 18:12:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 12:17:43PM +0930, gjsw wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Unfortunately I ended up giving up on Postgresql replication and Bucardo.
> There were a few reasons for this, one of them being this bug and
> concurrency problems but the real killer for me was the lack of DDL replication.

No worries, that's definitely a shortcoming. There is talk of getting DDL
triggers into core at some point, but no progress has been made on it
in the last year. I think it will only come when a sponsor comes forward
to fund a developer.

> In the end I just couldn't get things working the way I wanted so I
> redeployed our database servers without any replication as a
> traditional master database

There is always 9.1 and its hot standby as well, of course, which goes
a long way towards replacing some of what Slony and Bucardo do.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com