[Bucardo-general] MCP Cannot kick inactive sync

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Jul 20 17:10:03 UTC 2011

> ... appears right when it starts.  I believe we have a mismatched timezone issue
> between the source and destination servers.  Does bucardo_ctl validate skip a
> sync the MCP has marked as inactive?

No, but the MCP does a much more involved check than bucardo_ctl validate does.
The latter mostly checks that all the required supporting tables and functions
are in place. The latter actually connects to each remote server and makes sure
the table structures match up.

You can turn off "strict_checking" for that sync if you are okay with those
differences. As it's a default value, you should be fine: Bucardo always
copies the entire row and doesn't rely on the DEFAULT modifier anywhere.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com