[Bucardo-general] validate_sync help

Banny Chu bannychu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 20:03:19 UTC 2011

Dear All,
I am very new to bucardo and when i install it to a testing database i have
this "validate_sync" Error which i don't know why, can any one help me ? Thx
so much !

Here is the testing
Create table in one db test1:

CREATE TABLE definitions (
id SERIAL,
pid INTEGER,
rid INTEGER,
code VARCHAR(32),
abbr VARCHAR(32),
name_1 VARCHAR(255),
name_2 VARCHAR(255),
discontinued BOOLEAN NOT NULL DEFAULT FALSE,
last_modified TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
FOREIGN KEY (pid) REFERENCES definitions (id) ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE
CASCADE
);

And create the same table in db test2, and do a sync add :
bucardo_ctl add sync test type=swap source=test1 targetdb=test2
tables=definitions

bu i've got the error
NOTICE:  Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of
DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=test1;port=5432 at line 29.

CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('test')"
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  error from Perl
function "validate_sync": error from Perl function "validate_sync": Table
"public.definitions" must specify a way to handle conflicts at line 285. at
line 30. at /usr/local/bin/bucardo_ctl line 3362.

Please help me, Thx so much !
Banny