[Bucardo-general] Swap replication latency

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Wed May 4 16:10:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 11:40:09AM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Any idea why it would kill the database in the process of ballooning out
> this far?  When I logged in I found 100+ postmaster connection processes and
> a load average of ~2.50+ and a very unresponsive database (until Bucardo was
> stopped).  This was the "source" database in my de facto master->slave setup
> that's really a swap.

Each time Bucardo tries to sync, it queries the database for a list of the
rows it needs to sync, and if there are tons of rows (as there would be if it
hadn't succeeded in syncing for quite a while), that can be an expensive
query. I suspect that's what bogged things down.

--
Josh Tolley   josh at endpoint.com   801-987-0252
End Point Corporation  http://www.endpoint.com