[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5 has arrived!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue May 24 20:55:07 UTC 2011

> Well, the sync seems to be working, at least on a master->target
> direction?  How do I achieve the equivalent of 'swap'?  Your initial
> post that opened this thread provided for a
> master-master-master-slave scenario, but what I want is
> master-master?  Is that still possible? How would you initialise a
> dbgroup for that?

Just set the roles of each database to be 'source'. If you have
an existing dbgroup, it should be possible to run:

bucardo_ctl update dbgroup testgroup mydb1:source mydb2:source

Then update the triggers, etc on the new master:

bucardo_ctl validate all

Restart Bucardo and all should work.

> Beyond that, the new sync times are really impressive;  they're at
> about 10-12 seconds here.  The only other problem I'm running into
> is that the system doesn't seem to "kick" the syncs itself.  It
> starts, does one sync, and then just sits there, so I have to do
> 'bucardo_ctl kick xxxxxx_sync' externally.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com