[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5 has arrived!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 24 20:39:29 UTC 2011

On 05/24/2011 04:37 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> Now that the bucardo_delta&  q tables have become fractured into other
>> constructs, is there a canonical set of new cleanup cron jobs, or does
>> the system take care of itself?
>
> Neither :) The goal is a new subprocess that will do the cleanups
> automatically, but we may have to create some quick cronjob
> suggestions until then. Right now there is no way to cleanup
> the delta and track tables, but the syncrun and dbrun can be
> truncated at any time. Long-term we need an option to archive
> those for people who want to track number of rows replicated
> over time and other such stats.

Ah, I see.

Well, the sync seems to be working, at least on a master->target
direction?  How do I achieve the equivalent of 'swap'?  Your initial
post that opened this thread provided for a master-master-master-slave
scenario, but what I want is master-master?  Is that still possible?
How would you initialise a dbgroup for that?

Beyond that, the new sync times are really impressive;  they're at
about 10-12 seconds here.  The only other problem I'm running into is
that the system doesn't seem to "kick" the syncs itself.  It starts,
does one sync, and then just sits there, so I have to do 'bucardo_ctl
kick xxxxxx_sync' externally.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC