[Bucardo-general] Location of log.bucardo

John Powell john.powell at emapsite.com
Tue Nov 15 09:45:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

First of all, I've been using bucardo for a few weeks now, and although
I'm a bit of a perl n00b, it is reasonably easy to see how it all fits
together. We are mostly using it to replicate geometry (postgis) objects
representing map views on our website and it is working really well. I
like the fine-grained control you get over what is replicated, and
having lived through a couple of disasters in the past, not replicating
DDL statements is, imho, a blessing.

I have created a centos init.d script, which is working fine, but
log.bucardo appears in /etc/rc.d/init.d/log.bucardo.
I would like it to appear in /var/log, so tried putting this in my
init.d script

   /usr/local/bin/bucardo_ctl start --debugdir=/var/log/log.bucardo

But this appears to have no effect.

Thanks,

John Powell.