[Bucardo-general] Patch: fix quoted table/index names

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Nov 23 15:50:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 08:21:30AM +0100, Sean M. Pappalardo wrote:
> What was happening is that the field was being wrapped twice: once
> by the qq{} and once by the quotes around the variable, causing an
> error when Perl tried to parse ""foo_bar_Table name_txn""

Okay, thanks, I'll look into that closer.

> Speaking of passwords, that's another problem: I have to specify
> -dbpass=<bucardo password> on every invocation of bucardo_ctl or I
> get an error:

Looks like a bug: will add to the TODO list

> But which user are we talking about here? The Linux user running the
> bucardo_ctl script, the Bucardo DB user, the user for the source
> DB/herd, or the one for the target DB? (After messing around a bit,
> I got it to proceed having the source and target DB connecting users
> set to superuser.)

Any Postgres user specified in the bucardo.db table should be a superuser.
It's genreally easiest to create a superuser named 'bucardo' on every
database involved and use that everywhere.

> It tries again but fails. The source DB log just shows:
> EST LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
> EST LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
>
> And the target (where the changes actually are) only shows:
> CET LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
> CET LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
>
> FWIW, I'm using a local connection to the target and an ssl
> connection to the source.

Hmm that's not a lot to go on. One thing I would suggest is
try it without the ssl to see if that is the problem or not.
Might also try bumping the log_level to DEBUG and see if
the Bucardo logs give any more clues.

> Also, I thought I specified all of my syncs to be manual but when I
> start the Bucardo service, it tries to run some of them I didn't ask
> for, so I had to delete all but the one I want to run (swap,) since
> one of the others was a fullcopy.

FWIW, I dug through this one and think I found the issue (for B5).
Commited and pushed something just now. I'll look into doing the
same for B4.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com