[Bucardo-general] sync is not active

Jaime Casanova jaime at 2ndquadrant.com
Mon Nov 28 17:01:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg at endpoint.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 02:42:43PM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> [Tue Nov 22 14:07:02 2011]  KID Nothing to do: no entry found in the q
>> table for this sync
>> """
>>
>> so, i guess i'm still missing something
>
> Yeah, not sure at this point. Can you see the kick requests coming
> through in the log? Do it a few times to make sure you are seeing
> the actual kick and not the inital self-kick when Bucardo
> starts.

Ok. i think i misunderstood a few things.
I thought of fullcopy as a kind of initial copy when it seems it more
like everytime copy full table instead of just a delta, so i was
hoping that when i kick the sync it starts to copy all data... so it
was me doing things ala slony ;)

one more question. what if the two databases already have (different)
data, i have to synchronize the tables myself before trying to use
bucardo? The case is a company that after started operation realize
they needed to sync both offices

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación