[Bucardo-general] Error in bucardo 4.99 with postgres 8.1.23

Guizhen wang gzqiu at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 21:43:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying bucardo 4.99 with postgres 8.1.23 today. Got error when installs.
bucardo install --dbhost=localhost

Postgres version is: 8.1
Creating user 'bucardo'
Attempting to create and populate the bucardo database and schema
ERROR:  role "bucardo" already exists
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database "postgres"
NOTICE:  schema "bucardo" does not exist
ERROR:  schema "freezer" does not exist
ERROR:  parameter "standard_conforming_strings" cannot be changed

INSTALLATION FAILED! (psql:/usr/local/share/bucardo/bucardo.schema:37: ERROR:  parameter "standard_conforming_strings" cannot be changed)

Installation cannot proceed unless the Pl/PerlU language is available
This is usually available as a separate package
For example, you might try: yum install postgresql-plperl
If compiling from source, add the --with-perl option to your ./configure command

It was working when I was trying Bucardo 4.4.6.

Does Bucardo 5 still support postgres 8.1?

Thanks,
Gwang